The financial support provided to Marwood in 2014/15 was key to enabling a new Community Hall, to be built, which would be shared with the local school. Fullabrook were very pragmatic, clear and timely in all their communications and the actual grant application and payment side was super-efficient.
West Down Community Shop is delighted with the approval of our application to upgrade our equipment. It is through organisations like yours that we can continue to provide a much needed service to our community.
We have taken delivery of our new laser machine, the boys are now learning how to use it and are now taking orders for personalised products which are currently in high demand. Please accept our sincere thanks for this great opportunity you have given our special workforce. Joshua Tree Joinery
If you or your organisation would like to have an active say in how Fullabrook Windfarm CIC manage the funds, why not join us as a Member, which will give you voting rights at our AGM.
Why do we need Members?As a Community Interest Company, Fullabrook Wind Farm CIC has been established for people who want to be involved in an organisation that benefits the community, rather than just owners, managers or employees – this is known as a social enterprise.
As a CIC we must:
• meet the Community Interest Test
• file an annual CIC report with our accounts
• keep the community in touch with our activities
• only use our assets and profits for the community specified (or pass them to another body with similar features), known as the asset lock
• be registered at Companies House in the same way as a normal company with the same incorporation documents but supplemented by a Community Interest Statement
We are therefore seeking Community Organisations, individuals and juniors to become members of the Company. As a member you will be able to:
• attend and vote at general meetings
• receive a copy of the CICs annual accounts
• elect the Directors by voting at the AGM
• approve the governance regulations proposed by the directors, including the procedures governing applications and approval of grants from the community fund
• vote on any fundamental changes to the nature of the CIC, its name, its purposes, its policies or what happens to its surplus income
As a member you will not:
• become liable for any debts of the CIC, nor will you become liable if someone brings a legal case against the CIC. If the CIC were to be wound up (if, for example, it cannot pay its debts) you would have to pay only £1 to the CIC.
• be able to influence the selection of recipients of any grants made
• be entitled to receive any dividend or other income from the CIC. If the CIC has surplus funds these will be retained to pay for the CIC's activities in the following years.
Apply for MembershipComplete and return a Membership Application to firstname.lastname@example.org for get in touch for more information.
Corporate or Organisation Membership
Junior Membership (restricted to those aged 14 to 18)